In this post I will describe the installation and new features of this release.
What is new in DVD 3? (Link to general YouTube video).
1. Graphical Confidence levels
2. Top & Bottom N filtering (on measures)
3. New built-in visualizations: Box plot and waterfall
4. New Canvas (tabs at the bottom of Project page) menu and drag and drop option
5. Enhancement of charts menus, for example:
a. Generic ODBC (YouTube link)
b. Generic JDBC (YouTube link)
c. Remote OBIEE Subject Areas (YouTube link)
d. Oracle Docs (YouTube link)
e. O-Data (Open Data Protocol)
7. Additional txt source delimiters
8. New date conversion options (YouTube link)
9. Data flow improvements, including DB as target, so you can build your own small data-warehouse (YouTube link)
10. New Console option for:
a. Plugin Management (YouTube link)
b. Custom Map Layers Management (YouTube link)
11. Project Publish to Cloud option (as far as I understand, to be used with next release of OAC - Oracle Analytic Cloud).
12. Might be more features I missed.
How did the installation go?
When I entered my DVD 2 I had this screen:
On OTN there is something important:
OAC or BICS or DVCS, or DVD 2, at the moment they seem to be compatible to DVD 2 only.
Then installed (there is actually an upgrade to the sample project)
And was advised to update the Advanced Analytics:
Followed the advice:
Thanks to Philippe Lions ( @philippe_lions) for the great info on Twitter.
And don't forget the new Oracle Analytics Store link: http://www.oracle.com/goto/OAStore